Indoor Netball Premier League
Stay tuned for upcoming information about the 2016/17 INPL Season!!
Background and Competition Brief
The Metropolitan Indoor Netball Superleague competition has been operating since the late 1980’s in varying forms. The competition has always been popular and in recent years has grown considerably to the point where there were 120 teams competing for each of the last 2 seasons. However there have been ongoing difficulties with the structure of the competition. The concept of INPL came about as Indoor Sports NSW was looking to improve the structural issues that existed in the existing Superleague competition and rebrand the Premier Indoor Netball competition in NSW. This competition has been actively promoted to the outdoor Netball Associations and Clubs and the 2015-16 season currently has 151 teams participating.
INPL is a competition endorsed by INFA and Indoor Sports NSW. Indoor Sports Centres will be considered as franchises or hosting centres. INPL franchises are not limited to just Centres, however each franchise has to operate out of a Member Centre of ISNSW, leaving the door open for outdoor Netball Associations or Clubs to enter and experience Indoor Netball whilst supporting our Member Centres.
INPL includes Ladies, Mixed, Men’s and Junior divisions. We eventually hope to release this competition nationally in a Club Based Invitational Tournament on a National Level.
The INPL competition has replaced the “Metro Super League” as the primary pathway and sanctioned requirement of all Sydney Metro and Newcastle based NSW Indoor Netball representative players to participate in. This is applicable for all players who have been selected in all 2015 and 2016 touring teams.
2015/16 General INPL Information
- The Premier INPL Ladies Division is compulsory for all Franchises. Standard INFA rules will apply, along with a written set of competition rules that are available on this website.
- Divisions 2-6 will be the same format as in previous years.
- Each franchise will be required to use only Gilbert Netballs for all INPL games.
- The Premier (Ladies 1 and Mixed 1) INPL teams will not have to pay any game fees. All other senior game fees (Divisions 2-6 etc) will remain at $91 per team/per game for seniors and $70 per team/per game for juniors. Men’s Game fees are $70 per game.
- Umpires are organised and controlled by an Umpires co-ordinator appointed by ISNSW. Hosting centres will be required to communicate with the Umpire Co-ordinator to ensure all games are covered.
- Finals will be decided through a tender process. Every franchise has the opportunity to tender. A document will be furnished to all Centres at a later date.
- All franchises have a mascot name.
- The Premier INPL grade (Ladies, Mixed and Men’s) are playing for a share in a CASH PRIZE!!
- INPL is attracting a lot of commercial interest and will move the game to a much stronger position. This will create more commercial interest for each Centre/Franchise.
ISNSW is particularly excited about this new competition and together with the ISNSW Member Centre/Franchises believe it to be a positive step in the right direction.
2015/16 Franchise Coordinators
Castle Hill Fury – Heather Nicholls
Liverpool Bulls – Camille Taylor
Liverpool Sultans – Narelle Manley
Narellan Allstars – Debbie Reid
Peakhurst Devils – Tairua Ben-Vavia
Scorpions – Troy Ellis
Scorchers – Megan Arndell
Silverwater Stallions – Tarsha Keene
Western Magic – Heidi Chaloner
2015/16 Umpire Coordinators
Philip Brooks (0410 632 628)
Ted Butler (0448 888 792)
2015/16 Indoor Netball Premier League – By-LawsINPL By Laws
2015/16 Indoor Netball Premier League – Code of ConductCode of Conduct